The litigation secretary will be responsible for general administrative and clerical tasks in the office, as well as providing support and assistance to the lawyers and paralegals of the firm. This position will work under the supervision of an attorney and will provide support in assigned legal cases. This position is required to work well in a team setting with other staff members in the office.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITES and SKILLS:
1. Scheduling and maintaining calendars, including monitoring upcoming dates and deadlines, including providing timely reminders as needed to the attorneys and/or paralegals.
2. Draft correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
3. Handle all travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, and process check requests.
4. Correspond with clients via telephone and email.
5. Be a proficient typist and possess excellent written and verbal skills, including spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
6. Must be focused and have excellent attention to detail, be highly organized, multi-task, have good judgment, diligence and strong work ethic.
7. Understanding of the litigation process, and possess knowledge and understanding of legal terminology, regulations, the court system, including but not limited to, various pleadings, and procedures associated with litigation and the court system. Must have knowledge of the e-filing court system.
8. Must have excellent time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
9. Must have working knowledge of MS Office/Office365 programs and Timeslips. Knowledge of other software and/or litigation case management software is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. 3+ years of litigation legal secretarial/assistant experience
2. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required. Other education and/or certification programs are a plus.