Our law firm client is seeking a full-time LEGAL ASSISTANT to assist attorney & paralegal by preparing immigration applications and supporting documents, as well as performing other clerical support tasks, such as answering phones, filing, scheduling client appointments, drafting letters, and maintaining client records on case management system. Office is small and is looking for a multi-tasking and energetic long-term employee with a "can do" personality.
Position is Monday-Friday 9am-6pm. Business dress code.
– MUST speak English and Spanish fluently.
– Must have great phone and in-person presence.
– Experience dealing in a "customer service" type office that values client relationships.
– Must have attention to detail, be a quick learner, and be dependable (and on time).
– Enthusiasm, energy, and ability to learn in a very fast paced environment.
– Must have strong organizational skills and be willing to perform secretarial tasks.
Preferred (but not required):
– Bachelor, Associate degree or a Paralegal Certification.
– Experience in the field of immigration law including, but not limited to, removal proceedings, family-based residency, and naturalization.
– Portuguese is a plus.