Who We Are
Independent Living Systems, LLC (ILS) is a health-services company that develops, delivers and manages community-based services and nutritional support for millions of America’s Medicaid, Medicare, dual eligible, and Special Needs populations – including the blind, developmentally disabled, and children – through financial re-alignment programs such as:
- Dual eligible demonstrations
- Managed long-term services and support
- Managed Medicaid
- Special needs plans (SNPs)
- Developmentally disabled
- Accountable care organizations (ACOs)
In partnership with health plans; providers; hospitals; and pharmaceutical and medical device companies, ILS provides managed long-term support services aimed at improving health outcomes while rebalancing costs. The Company’s integrated offering, powered by eCare Central, ILS’ award winning technology platform, provides assistance beyond the clinical realm at every stage of care – from acute hospitalization through experiences with chronic illness, to personalized care management for the long term including nutritional support.
We are seeking to add a Legal Counsel to our Legal Department with a focus on healthcare regulatory and transactional matters and HIPAA. The ideal candidate within our legal department will practice in a multiple disciplined fashion and charged with providing legal counsel on matters related to ILS’ businesses and operations, including commercial contracts, transactions, Federal and state healthcare regulatory requirements, and managed care. Counsel will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts, including but not limited to provider contracts, managed care contracts, and other transactional documents. The position may involve some human resource issues, real estate and intellectual property issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes;
- Must have demonstrated at least 3 years of health care law experience, including responsibility for regulatory research and advice on significant compliance and privacy matters.
- Have knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse laws, including Stark and Anti-Kickback law issues.
- Must have knowledge of HIPPA and HITECH.
- Experience working with healthcare industry contracts including provider service agreements, confidentiality and business associate agreements, managed care contracts, and master services agreements.
- Law Degree and preferably licensed to practice in Florida.
- Legal experience in the healthcare industry or experience providing legal services to health care clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to synthesize complex legal issues to essential elements for clients throughout the organization with different abilities and responsibilities.