Director of Business Finance
Summary: Under administrative supervision, responsible for the company’s planning and forecasting process. This includes directing the annual operating plan for the income statement and balance sheet, quarterly forecasting, departmental budgeting, measurements of actual results versus plan and forecasts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs the annual operating plan, which includes developing the budget schedule, improving the planning process, and management of the bottom-ups plan.
- Develops and manages a bottom-up quarterly forecast process for revenues and expenditures and be able to assess opportunities and risks in the forecast. Communicate significant assumptions to senior management.
- Leads the team that analyzes and measures actual results compared to forecast and plan.
- Reviews with line managers and lead the development of corrective action plans where necessary.
- Analyzes and communicates trends and other financial/operational relationships that may impact future financial performance.
- Prepares budget and forecast presentations for the executive team.
- Develops and maintains predictive financial and operating models.
- Prepares and issues comprehensive long-term financial plans and forecasts.
- Creates ad hoc reports as required by management to enable effective financial and operational decision-making.
- Delivers financial presentations to key members of the executive team.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance. 6 years of experience in healthcare field. 3 years of management experience. Must have excellent computer skills. Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to work in a team environment. Able to work with minimal supervision. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and cost accounting methods.
- Financial modeling and forecasting.
- Systems and processes necessary to lead the budgeting and forecasting area.
- Systems and processes necessary to manage the financial planning functions within a corporate finance department.
- Principles of mathematical and statistical computations.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Leadership, direction, and supervisory principles and methods.
- Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Business and personal computer hardware and software applications.
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting of applicants in accordance with established employment practices and methods.
- Current Company policies, practices and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, and implementing recommendations for resolution.
- Interpreting and applying federal, state and local policies, procedures and regulations.
- Preparing and administering large and complex budgets.
- Researching, analyzing and evaluating financial data and communicating the trends to senior management.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Directing, supervising, coordinating and delegating assignments, and reviewing the work of assigned department personnel.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.