DO NOT POST- NEEDS EDITING
Position Title: Database Programmer
Reports To: Manager Integration and Deployment
Department: Integration and Deployment
The Database Programmer is a technical individual with programming, software, and SQL Server database skills. The Database Programmer is responsible for writing scripts and applications used for updating databases, transforming data, running reports, importing and exporting data, repairing data anomalies, automating tasks, and assisting with change requests and deployments as necessary.
• The Database Programmer develops SQL scripts used to update customers clinical study data and migrate data across platforms or environments.
• The Database Programmer develops SQL scripts to customize data imports or exports, and to help troubleshoot and/or repair data issues or problems
• The Database Programmer provides custom reports or data outputs to customers using SSRS, Logi Analytics, XML output, and other reporting tools.
• The Database Programmer performs data transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or other applications.
• The Database Programmer will learn the OmniConnect™ Web Service API interface, and will help support technical customers in the use of this tool
• The Database Programmer will efficiently assess the potential root causes of technical problems, and implement preventative measures through applications, scripts, or jobs.
• Performs unit testing and system testing on all scripts to be used in production.
• Maintains proper documentation to ensure compliance standards are met according to company SOPs.
• The Database Programmer assists in the deployment of clinical software upgrades and mid-study changes in the development, test, training, and production environments.
• BS in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of experience working with Microsoft Operating Systems and SQL Server database.
• An understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, as well as other database and web technologies.
• Background or interest in clinical or health-related information technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests. Strong attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of SQL Server 2005 or higher – knowledge of SQL Replication, SSIS, and SSRS is desirable
• Ability to work independently in a very fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with the software development life cycle and the ability to document result of software deployments and implementations.
The ideal candidate for the Database Programmer role is a quick study, and has an excellent work ethic, commitment to high quality standards, and is capable of managing many competing priorities at once..