Position Description: Controller
Basic Function: The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
1. Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
2. Maintain the chart of accounts
3. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
4. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
3. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
4. Provide financial analyses as needed
1. Work with the VP of Finance to coordinate the provision of information to the parent company
2. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
3. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant designations.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to parent company in Indiana.
Supervises: All accounting staff
Reports To: Vice President of Finance