The Florida Region is currently seeking a Controller to lead our Property Management accounting department. This role reports to the Vice President of Finance and will be based in our Ft. Lauderdale office.
· Provide leadership and guidance to accounting staff, developing cohesiveness and attitude of cooperation between accounting and property management staff.
· Ensure consistency and accuracy of financial and operational data on reports.
· Ensure appropriate design and implementation of key internal controls within Florida region.
· Work with property managers and regional teams to develop and review annual budgets.
· Partner with corporate accounting team to ensure accuracy of monthly financials.
· Manage coordination of new Property Management properties and post-acquisition activities.
· Assist in SSAE 18 SOC I, Type II report.
· Drive CAM Reconciliation process to a timely and accurate completion within required guidelines.
· Commercial property management experience in accounting/financial reporting – minimum of five years.
· Strong accounting fundamentals, full understanding of GAAP.
· Experience with institutional level reporting.
· Exceptional leadership skills managing a large department.
· Supervisory experience.
· Excellent communication capabilities (written and oral).
· Strong technology skills.
· CPA preferred.
· Benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).