The primary function of this position is to perform the billing, bookkeeping and accounting functions of the firm. This position requires an experienced and responsible person with a strong bookkeeping and computer background. The position requires skills and experience in bookkeeping, accounting (but does not have to have an accounting degree specifically), law firm billing and QuickBooks software, e-billing, as well as Microsoft Office Products. The position requires experience in a law firm, or other legal profession environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES and SKILLS:
1. Must have at least 3+ years bookkeeping experience as a full-charge bookkeeper with responsibilities including client billing in a law firm or legal profession environment.
2. Must have successfully completed coursework in bookkeeping/accounting, an associate degree in bookkeeping and/or accounting (a four year degree is desirable, but not required).
3. Must have experience with law firm billing or other legal profession firm. Must be proficient in Timeslips, and accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks) as well as Microsoft Office Products.
4. Must have experience with E-Billing (uploading bills to our insurance defense clients). The software associated with this task includes the following: CounselLink, Legal Exchange, Allegient, LSS, Serengeti,
Collaborati, Acuity ELM. Experience with all of this software is not required, but being familiar with some programs, or at the least the uploading billing concept is strongly desired.
5. Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills.
6. Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
7. Must be responsible, timely, honest, fast paced, and able to multi-task.
1. Perform all bookkeeping functions.
2. Performs all client billing functions and other accounts receivable functions.
3. Pay vendor bills and manage accounts payable.
4. Perform all data entry of cash receipts and client costs in billing and accounting systems.
5. Perform all data entry of cash receipts and disbursements for the IOLTA trust account in the accounting systems.
6. Process credit card transactions.
7. Reconcile bank statements.
8. Work up and make bank deposits for the operating and IOLTA accounts.
9. Handle payroll.
10. Provide all required financial reports to the firm owner on a monthly basis, or upon request (i.e., Accounts Receivable (AR), WIP (Work in Progress), etc..)
13. Coordination with the firm's accountant.
14. Management and oversight of the billing and accounting systems.