Position Summary: Responsible for performing an array of accounting activities that include preparation of financial statements, management of accounts payable and accounts receivable, and establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position also oversees payroll processing and human resource administration for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data in monthly financial statements
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors
· Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
· Monitors daily/monthly inventory transactions through general ledger; prepares monthly reports to review and make appropriate adjustments
· Prepares bi-weekly payroll processing and serves as key human resource administrator within the organization
· Prepares monthly bank and intercompany transactions reconciliations
· Prepares cash flow analysis and forecast
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Managing People: Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
Planning and Organization: Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving: Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Advanced proficiency using computer business applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet. Experience with SAGE 100 ERP is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises one employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.