We are recruiting for a specialized financial organization backed by private equity investment that uses institutional funding, underwriting and legal expertise to provide liquidity to holders of high quality, but illiquid, assets and deferred payment obligations. The Company is in a growth mode and is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The person would be responsible for many aspects of Accounting, Reporting, Treasury, servicing and Tax. The person will be supporting the Company’s CFO with special projects. The position reports to the CFO.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain accounting records for the company and its subsidiaries and various subledgers
- Lead year end audit and prepare the annual financial statements and related footnotes
- Prepare consolidated financial statements on a timely basis and submit monthly financial results to Executive Officers, Banks and Outside Investors
- Partner with Operations, Human Resources and Senior Management in order to achieve company financial and operational goals and objectives
- Maintain the Company’s budgeting and forecasting model
- Support the CFO in engaging the outside investors around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Oversee all financial accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with budgets
- Manage cash flow forecasting and Bank Facilities by working in partnership with the CFO and finance staff
- Work closely with the servicing department to ensure timely and accurately monthly reporting of all SPVs.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and year-end tax schedules for tax advisors
- Supervise staff accountants performing various controllership functions
- Assist management with data gathering, analysis, and reporting requests on an ad hoc and routine basis regulatory filings (Focus reports), etc.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives including data automation, standardization and implementation of best practices
- Perform special projects as requested
- Minimum 5 years of corporate controllership experience (preferably in the financial services industry), preferably 2-3 years of public accounting experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA certification is a plus
Excellent analytical and communication skills
Have initiative to identify and take action on process improvements opportunities
Have exceptional excel skills (filtering, pivot tables, vlookup, data import) and the ability to present financial data in a neat and professional manner
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, but growing organization.