Basic Function: The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the executive team.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with vendors
- Must be a consummate professional, expert in their field and able to communicate clearly and confidently with the staff and the principle directly.
- Areas of expertise must include multiple entity business income flow via contracts, online digital sales and online store e-commerce across states lines and internationally. and familiarity with multi family investments is a plus.
- The ability to multi-task with efficiency, poise and confidence in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Reliability and accuracy is a must.
- Expert in Quickbooks Enterprise and Intacct Software
- Familiar with e-commerce software, Webgility ECC and how it funnels to Quickbooks/Intacct
- The candidate chief financial officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the CPA or CMA designations.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Manages 8 accounting staff
- Keeps apprised of new accounting, e-commerce software and solutions and implements them to benefit the company.
- Supervises accounts receivable for multiple entities
- Supervises accounts payables for multiple entities
- Ensures all withholding and sales tax filings are paid on a timely basis
- Ensures corporate filings are kept up to date and organized.
- Supervises treasury banking functions for multiple entities and accounts
- Reviews all month end data and provides reports and graphs to COO and CEO
- Ensures bank deposits are made accurately and efficiently for all entities
- Prepares year end data and liaises with accounting professionals to file tax returns
- Maintains company files and keeps all records up to date
- Files annual reports on all entities and keep them current.
- Ensures all business licenses renewed
- Responsible for Principle's personal filing and record keeping
- Schedule and approve wires