Title: Financial Advisor
Reports to: Sales Manager
Our Financial Advisor group is comprised of certified professionals who advise prospective and current clients about debt management, cash management, investments and insurance. As a Financial Advisor, you will assess the client’s current financial health to provide strategic advice; becoming a planning partner and educator to the client on such topics as budgeting and saving, insurance and tax matters, and investment options.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Execute the vision of the company by assessing client needs and preparing financial advice in accordance with company investment policies.
• Assesses client’s overall financial picture; understand their needs to devise an appropriate financial plan that fits the client’s risk profile.
• Sales: successfully move prospective client’s assets to the firm.
• Set up regular meetings to review the client’s goals and progress.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with clients, keeping them updated about any changes affecting their financial plan.
• Work with support staff to establish client records and update their files.
• Work with Chief Investment Officer to ensure compliance.
• Act as a liaison between company and clients, communicating in an organized and professional manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is preferred
• Licensures: Series 7, Series 65, 66 or 63, Series 2-15
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience in a financial planning role is preferred.
• Previous sales or customer service experience in the financial services industry is preferred
• Accurate keyboarding skills and minimum 35 wpm typing speed is preferred.
• Must be adaptive to changing priorities.
• Must be self-directed, with ability to plan daily, weekly tasks with minimal supervision.
• MS Office Products: Excel spreadsheet and MS Word skills highly preferred.
• Sales: ability to effectively understand the customer’s needs and explain how our products can help them.
• Enthusiasm: optimistic attitude that believes every contact should result in a sale
• Project management: effectively organizes, prioritizes and manages assigned tasks.
• Communication: utilizes effective verbal and written communication.
• Effectiveness under stress: demonstrates the ability to think and function effectively under conditions of mental pressure.
• Judgment: draws on core values, knowledge, and personal experience to make wise choices.
We all must perform additional duties that may or may not be outside our specific area of expertise from time to time. The willingness that we exhibit to work as a team and to meet our challenges will be the key to our success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer granting equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or veteran status.