Title: Case Manager (Paraplanner)
Department(s): Operations (Corporate)
Reports to: Customer Success Manager
Our Case Management group is an important part of the Wealth Management new client experience, providing friendly and professional service to both our internal and external customers. With strong attention to detail and compliance, this group ensures that the customer experience starts off on the right foot; beginning with internal departments all the way through the onboarding of a new client. A Case Paraplanner works under the direction of a Financial Advisor. The CP performs several of the necessary tasks in developing a financial plan for a customer. First, they gather financial reports and records from the client. Next, the CP reviews and analyzes the client's financial records and starts creating the plan based on different possible financial scenarios as directed by the Financial Advisor. In the process of creating these scenarios, the CP determines how assets should be allocated and ultimately uses this information to the financial plan.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Support financial advisors in serving clients by preparing for meetings, investment research, making preliminary financial planning reports.
• Research financial databases and products that match clients' needs.
• Construct Financial Advisor meeting presentations and client-facing visual aides including charts, graphs, and tables.
• Process account opening, transfer and investment paperwork for all newly onboarded clients, producing an organized and compliant file.
• Compose professional client correspondence
• Management of client case files; client updates, financial advisor updates, troubleshooting and implementation of financial plan.
• Ensure all data entry into Salesforce is up-to-date and complete on a daily basis.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with clients, directly and/or through a Financial Advisor.
• Act as a professional relationship manager between clients and Financial Advisors
• High School diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
• Industry knowledge preferred; Annuities, Alternative Investments, Securities, Account registration, Trusts, familiarity with compliance rules, etc.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous sales or customer service experience in the financial services industry is preferred
• Accurate keyboarding skills and minimum 35 wpm typing speed.
• Must be adaptive to changing priorities.
• Must be self-directed, with ability to plan daily, weekly tasks with minimal supervision.
• MS Office Products: Excel spreadsheet and MS Word skills highly preferred.
• Prior experience with online financial platforms and CRM is preferred but not required.
• Ability to effectively understand the customer’s need and generally explain how we can help them.
• Enthusiasm: optimistic attitude that believes every contact should be approached professionally and upmost respect.
• Project management: effectively organizes, prioritizes and manages assigned case and/or tasks.
• Communication: utilizes effective verbal and written communication.
• Effectiveness under stress: demonstrates the ability to think and function effectively under conditions of mental pressure.
• Judgment: draws on core values, knowledge, compliance requirement and professional experience to make wise choices.
We all must perform additional duties that may or may not be outside our specific area of expertise from time to time. The willingness that we exhibit to work as a team and to meet our challenges will be the key to our success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer granting equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or veteran status.