Assist with a wide range of accounting functions including A/R, A/P, reconciliations, closing and preparing financial reports. Accounting coordinators communicate with and assist operations to ensure operational data flows through properly to accounting, and liaise with customers and vendors regarding receivables and payables. Accounting coordinators also oversee the recap process between operations and accounting, manage variances, prepare commission reports and assist with filing.
* Post invoices.
* Process and verify applications for credit.
* Solicit payment on overdue accounts.
* Make deposits.
* Process credit-card payments.
* Post bills.
* Audit bills and manage variances.
* Prepare payments.
* Proactively resolve payment issues with vendors.
* Control petty-cash checkbook.
* CASS reconciliation, payment and adjustments.
* Participate in monthly closing.
* Prepare monthly commission reports.
* Reconciliation of deposit, investment, petty cash and credit-card accounts.
* Manage recap process between operations and accounting.
* Perform statement-to-statement reconciliations with domestic and overseas partners or subsidiaries.
* Manage vendor and customer profiles and files.
Education and Training
* Bachelor's in accounting from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
* Proven accounting skills.
* Spanish (BRA Portuguese a plus).
* Knowledge of GAAP.
* Experience with NetSuite a plus.
* High degree of efficiency with Excel.
* Expert computer skills.
* Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through essential.
* Minimum of 3 years working in the logistics and transportation industry, in a bookkeeping/accounting capacity.