Director of operations
Our client is one of the top providers of ground transportation to airlines crews across the country. As our Director of Operations, you will play an integral part in providing leadership and direction to our management teams in multiple locations nationwide.
Reporting directly to our CEO, this person will be responsible for the successful operation of our 13 stations and will manage a team of 11-15 Station Managers.
With direct oversight of each of our stations, you will be responsible for approving daily and weekly schedules and making sure all trips are covered, providing insight and leadership in regards to progressive discipline for drivers and station managers, keeping morale and engagement high in each station, hiring and training new station managers to set them up for success, ensuring scheduled maintenance on vehicles is performed, and making sure that Key Performance Indicators meet or exceed expectations weekly.
This is a salaried position (exempt from overtime).
- Oversee scheduling at each station to make sure all trips are covered. Efficiencies and KPI’s are to be under 1.0 per trip to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Manage team of 10-12 dispatchers in our Fort Lauderdale headquarters. Oversee scheduling, recruiting and disciplinary action for the dispatch team.
- Act as point of escalation when service issues arise, advise Station Managers on proper reporting and documentation.
- Ensures all drivers follow all policies and procedures, including fuel policy and accident reporting procedures.
- Manage progressive discipline procedure for station managers and drivers, ensuring write ups are completed in a timely fashion and each issue is documented in employee files.
- Partner with HR to manage station recruiting, ensuring each station is fully staffed at all times. Ensure paperwork for new drivers and managers is completed in a timely fashion, including all required licenses, permits and registrations.
- Hold all drivers and station managers accountable to the standards and expectations according to company policies, procedures and otherwise.
- Manage all vehicle maintenance schedules and be proactive ensuring all vehicles are properly maintained under the hood and inside the van as required.
- Ensure all Office procedures and office standards are in place as required.
As a leader within the organization, you must be passionate about customer service, have experience in the transportation/airline or hospitality industry, and an understanding of DOT and Safety Compliance. Other requirements include:
- 5-7 years of management experience
- Ability to react quickly changing situations
- Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends, according to our 24/7/365 operation
- Strong leadership skills ability to work with employees from a variety of backgrounds and personalities
- Experience delivering feedback and constructive criticism to employees at all levels throughout the organization
- Comfortable having difficult conversations, including around discipline, training and employment decisions
- Experience working in a fast paced, high stress environment, preferably at a start up
- Ability to prioritize tasks constantly throughout shift
Our client is in a high growth environment, which requires leadership skills that inspire and a drive and passion to be successful and win. A “do whatever it takes to succeed” attitude is necessary to be successful here. Our VP of Operations needs to believe in and lead by example when it comes to our 5 core values.
- I am Raving Fans – Providing “Raving Fan” Service. Going above and beyond for our customers
- I am Innovation – Constantly innovating, always being proactive rather than reactive
- I am Accountable – Holding yourself and your team to the highest standards of customer service and taking responsibility for issues that arise
- I am Valuable – Making sure that our customers and team members feel valued at all times
- I represent the Company – Ensuring all employees represent the Company values at all times.
Ability to lift up to 75 pounds up to 20 times per day; be able to work outdoors in heat and cold, have a valid driver’s license and be approved by the Company’s insurance carrier; may be required to obtain special city/airport permits.